It's official! We have a new family at our house. Dove family that is. Last year 3 different mama doves came and went, using my hanging basket to hatch their lovely eggs. And I didn't have the heart to kick them out. I am not a green thumb what so ever, so I figured that they may as well use my basket for their family since those flowers would probably die anyway. And not even May yet and we have already started the process for the year. Mama dove has only been here for 2 days and she has already laid her eggs......and she sits! As I was snapping a picture of her, she flew the coop and so I just aimed my camera up in the basket and looked at the picture and found her 2 eggs, they were larger than I expected. I know I am crazy for even having flowers yet, but did I mention that our house is FOR SALE (http://www.fsbolocal.com/viewPropertyAd.htm?id=13604)- so I wanted to spruce up the place on the outside and thought it might help. And now mama dove sits and will probably kill my flowers, oh well. So if you look closely at this picture in the bottom of the basket just left of the yellow Pansy, you will see the 2 white eggs.
Here sits the proud mama!
Today Jack and I had fun with Mr. Potato Head, one of his birthday presents from his great friend Trey. We had fun creating. Here are a few we came up with, I threw out no suggestions, just all his own ideas. I love to see what their little minds come up with.
As for Max, he is into absolutely everything, literally. He's one of those babies that anything he sees goes straight to the mouth...food or not. Jack never did that, he chewed on baby toys, but never picked stuff up off the floor and tried to eat it. The other day outside Max was taste testing the soil that I was using to plant flowers, I Know right. Whats wrong with me. It seems no matter how close I watch him, he still manages to ingest something he shouldn't. And the other day I found him in Charlie's cage just having a gay'ol time. Hey, whatever makes him happy.
Do you think I could accidentally shut the door and lock it to take a shower. Just kidding, I would never do that. Seriously!
The doves are back, eh? :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pictures! You have such little sweeties!