Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Sunday

We had a busy Easter Sunday, we started out with a small Easter Egg hunt here at home.  Then we went to late church and to my parents for lunch, let Max take his afternoon nap (short nap that is).   Then we went to Johnny's grandpa's for Easter dinner with the Pflederers.  Overall it was a great, yet busy day.  Jack had tons of fun with hunting for eggs and finding out what's inside.  We really did try to stress to him what the TRUE meaning of Easter was, and I will say that even today we read one of our books about Easter again and I think he finally got it.  He says to me tonight as I am asking him what happened "three days later"?....He replies, "Jesus rose alive on the cross!"  So I corrected him that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and he is alive for us so that we could live and be forgiven.  He says, "yes mommy".  So, were getting there, but thats progress, last week he said when asked what Easter meant, he said "Easter eggs and Jesus."  So with many lessons and lots of discussion, we have progress.  They really are little sponges, they learn so fast.



So excited to have 3 of them!

Max and Jack before church.  Had to get one of these standard pictures.


Max lovin' the eggs



Jack finding more eggs





No comments:

Post a Comment