Hangin' out, relaxin', and just enjoyin' our family if what we did sunday. We had gone to church saturday night, so we had all day to do "whatever"! We had planned to go to the Lagoon in Pekin for lunch and the afternoon, but daddy got a little too into his yard work, so we rescheduled for after naps instead. Still worked out and had just as much fun. We packed dinner in the cooler and sat and ate while Max sat in the stroller just in utter awe at all the geese and ducks around. Priceless! After dinner, Jack and Johnny went fishing and Max and I walked around the Lagoon, then went swinging. Before we went to swing I asked Jack, "are you sure you don't want to go swing with us?" He replied, "mom, I'm going fishing." In other words, duh, swings are no longer cool. Can you blame him, fishing with daddy, it doesn't get any better in his eyes!
Not catching much.......
but sure is still convinced that's what he wants to do.....
oh, but wait, he got his one and only fish, yeah Jacko. And I missed it.
After that they chased the geese and the ducks.
My little animal lover was in his realm
I really think he thought he might actually catch one, he was so excited
Jack wouldn't leave this poor lonely soul alone, do you see him behind the tree?
We then wrapped up the evening at the playground.
Max is mortified, mommy is nuts, and this ended ugly. Poor Max got his ankle caught on the way down and ended up screaming bloody murder. But he's alright, he's tough!
AHHHHHH, love days like that one, it's what being a family is all about!
I agree ... I love those kind of days!
ReplyDelete