Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pink Eye, Thrush, & Strep Throat!

That was in fact the diagnosis we got friday when I took my kiddos to the doctor.  Max had been out of sorts basically since Tuesday but not running a fever until he woke up thursday morning.  Then friday night about 4 a.m. he woke up crying and felt on FIRE!  I gave him tylenol and was going to just lay him back down but my intuition said just check to see how high the fever actually was.  104.3 degrees to be exact.  Actually the highest I have ever experienced with my children.  Jack use to get around 103.5 when he had ban ear infections.  So I put Max in the cool tub in efforts to try and cool him down (not fun for him by the way).  But it worked and with the tylenol got his fever down to at least 100.3.  So back to bed he went but only for 20 minutes.  So we were up again only he was screaming and didn't want anything.  So we walked the house for an hour then he finally started calming down.  So after breakfast, back to bed he went.  I would have done anything to go with him, but somehow a mother rarely gets that opportunity.

Jack on the other hand made his presence at the breakfast table after sleeping in a bit.  He was extra tired from going the the HOI Fair to see the truck pulls with Uncle Rob and cousins Grant and Blaine.  What fun they had!  When Jack got home he told me he didn't like the sticky candy, I'm assuming that uncle Rob gave him some cotton candy but Jack wasn't havin' it.  My guess is the texture, he's weird like that.  Anyway, as we sat at the breakfast table, I noticed Jack's right eye was somewhat bloodshot.  I just thought he got less seep then normal and maybe some dust in his eye from the truck pulls.  Oh well, it will clear right!?

In the mean time, I am trying to get ahold of my doctors office to take little Max in, we got an appointment.  He was checked over, throat looked red, ears looked fine.  But let's just do a throat culture to check.  As he is laying on the table, mouth wide open screaming, I noticed white on his cheeks.  Yep, it's thrush.....not a big deal I know.  Then the nurse comes back to confirm the positive Strep test.  Wow!  Poor baby.  Then I looked at Jack and remembered his bloodshot eye.  So I asked the doctor to take a gander and sure enough...Pink eye for Jacko.  Poor kids!  

So there you have it, that's how are week went.  And needless to say, I am glad my husband got home yesterday from a 6 day out of town business meeting.  I'm not sure I could do just one more day!  So I leave you with a question.....Are you taking your husband for granted lately?  I know I certainly do!

 

1 comment: