A Day Late- obviously we had to wait a day to par-take in our 4th of July festivities due to the rain. A few dollars short- that would describe our pocket book due to the fact that my husband chose to take a trip to Indiana to purchase some fireworks (some may be an underestimate).
But to start off we did spend rainy 4th indoors, bored as can be.....so after naps I looked at Johnny and said, "I don't care where we go, but I have to go somewhere." So where else to go but out to eat, and I had remembered the huge sign on top of Steak and Shake that said "kids eat free all weekend." that they do, that's just where we went. But as we were walking out the door, Jack says, "Wait a minute guys, I forgot my wallet!' We just looked at each other and thought, too funny! This is his new wallet thanks to Uncle Jeff and Aunt Holly.
As for the 5th. We spent most of the day at my parents swimming and eating. This is pretty much what Max did. He didn't make it for the fireworks...too tired!
And Jack did some of his own. Loved it, but actually got burnt on the top of his foot. Pretty traumatic.
So here's the deal, between Johnny and a few other guys, there was an estimated $600 worth of fireworks. I'm talking the real deals. It was a great show, makes me nervous though. I think it's the 2 children and one on the way, and my husband non-professionally lighting fireworks. But here's Jack enjoying the show.
Only one of the many.
No joke, I didn't pose these guys, Jack and his cousins. The end of the show, I think they are tired out!
That's all, until next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment