Friday, March 5, 2010

Quality Time

This is one of my favorite pictures of Max, it it just shows his personality through and through!



This picture is from last summer! And I am so fulfilled, I got to spend a loving 20 min. yeserday cuddling with him when he woke up from his nap. Just holding him and all his blankies and paci. And he loved every minute of it, as did I.

Max often gets the short end of the stick from a compassion point of view. I have realized this a lot lately because I merely don't have the time to just sit and hold him or run to his bekon call when he is upset. But he usually truly doesn't care. You see, he is the happiest, go lucky little guy I know. He can find pure joy in just walking through the house, moving his head around with pure happiness. He LOVES life. And so since he is like that, he requires little attention. I actually wish that I could be more like him!

But this dawned on me and actually made me feel sad, I don't want him to ever feel as though I didn't love him because I always told him, "Max your fine" when he was crying, when I should have just stopped and given him a big hug. Don't get me wrong, he is extremely lovable. He often walks up to me when I am busy and lays his head on my leg and says "hi" in the sweetest voice possible.

So when the house was quiet, and the other two munchkins were resting yesterday, I just sat and loved on him as much as I could, and we loved every minute of it! So I realized, he really does need this, even though he may be mister tough guy! I pray that this abundance of happiness he has for life at 21 mo. of age continues and even grows as he grows.....it's so contagious!

Love you little buddy!

1 comment:

  1. Max is such a cute lil' guy ... your doing such a great job with ALL your kiddos ... I can see that they love you so much!

    ReplyDelete