Monday, May 11, 2009

Florida Vacation

April 26th-May 3rd
It was sunday night around 9 p.m. when we began our journey to Destin, Florida.  That's right, we drove, it took a whole 15 hours when I believe it technically is a 13 hour trip.  But due to all the potty breaks (thanks prego Kinze) and stops for snacks or switching drivers, it took a little longer.  But that's okay, it was fun.  So yeah, we went down with our great friends Josh and Kinze Schilling, and did I mention minus the Kids.  It was bitter/sweet, what a great break, yet we talked off and on while we were down there about how much fun our kids would have had.  But it was great time for Johnny and I just to chat and spend time together, and the best part for me....I had at least 20 some meals without having to feed children.  AHHHH!  And we slept in until whenever we woke up.  Went out to eat at what time we wanted.  And played a few serious games of Yahtzee!!!

The weather was great, like 75-80 and sunny pretty much everyday, no rain.  So we just hung out at the beach and the pool.  The guys went golfing a few times, so one time Kinze and I hit the outlet mall.  And it's a sweet one.  Huge at that.  We actually went a few times.  All in all, it was awesome trip...love you guys!!!

Here's our place.  Right on the Beach.  It was called Silver Beach Towers.  We stayed in the one to the right.  It was a 2 bedroom condo, and it was amazing.  Kinze and I had booked it online back in the fall and had only seen pictures of it.  It was better than we expected.  We definitely hope to go back to the exact place.


One night we went to this place called the Village of Baytowne Wharf.  It's this little village like place with live music, places to eat, little shops and deserts....ymmm.  I had too much of that on vaca.  Here's a view of the village from across the bay.  You can actually take a fairy ride to it, but the fairy wasn't in service that night.  Bummer.


Me and my hubby!


While we were at the Village, we ate at this place and Kinze and Josh got this seafood bucket that could have fed like 4 people.  Kinze ate only a little and then Josh was determined to finish it.....

Yeah, that's a craw fish in his hand.  Sick!


And there's a lobster and under that a crab.



And yes, Josh did finish it all.  I can't even explain how much food there was.  Thought he would have been ill for sure.

What a great trip, will remember it forever.  Love you guys!  And thanks again to all who gave my kids love and took care of them.  Johnny and I really appreciate it. Every couple needs at least one vacation without the kids.  Good to be back and see them though.  Missed those bugers.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I lost all my widgets when I switched templates and totally forgot you had a blog! Looks like SUCH a fun trip- it's always nice to get away for a while- even though it's def. bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a blast!! Sorry that I haven’t responded to your comments until now. We like Savannah but we aren’t sure we want to live here permanently. For now….we love the beaches, enjoy the warm winters, and love the southern hospitality. However, it is REALLY hot here in the summer and the cost of living is pretty high. How are things with you guys?

    P.S. Happy belated mother’s day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of you two! Now I want a vacation... so glad you got to go!!

    (Love the updated pic of Jack & Max! )

    ReplyDelete