Thursday, February 5, 2009

What's for dinner?

Hey everyone,  Just wanted to share a great recipe I made for dinner tonight.  I don't know about you, but I am interested in anything quick, easy and healthy all at the same time.  So here is one.  It's called Kung Pao Chicken and I got it off of one of my favorite recipe websites: www.cookinglight.com.  It literally only took about 30 min. and tasted so good (if you like a little spicy).  Jack even ate it, and that says alot.  

Are there any Biggest Loser fans out there.  I am a nut for the show and have recently gotten Johnny almost equally feeling the same.  He would beg to differ.  But he does like the show.  I just love it because it is so life changing and motivating for me.  It encourages me to keep exercise and eating right as a lifestyle and not just for the moment.  Now don't get me wrong, I still and always will be in love with anything with chocolate or peanut butter/chocolate combination.  And I am not one of those strict people that doesn't eat pizza, chips etc.  I have just learned that it doesn't have to be all the time or just done in moderation.  I believe it all hit me when Jack started eating table food and I realized how many chips I was consuming at lunch.  Again, I am not against eating chips at lunch!  But it made me think that I didn't want him to grow thinking he needed that daily, but maybe as a treat.  So as I began making his lunch consisting of whole grains and fresh fruit, I tagged along.  Now I have always like fruit, but just didn't care to eat it everyday.  Okay.....I am rambling.  On with what I really wanted to tell you.

The second thing I wanted to share today that has to do with the biggest loser.  I have been a work out nut for about 2 years now.  I admit, I can become obsessed.  So I have to keep things in perspective.  It's not easy to hall your kids to the gym everyday when it's this cold, nor is it necessary to go everyday to stay fit.  This also reminds me that the Lord does not want us to develop this kind of addiction, he does want us to take care of our bodies, but not to the point that we lose sight of the big picture.  So my sister-in-law Kristy, shared with me about a Jillian Michaels (trainer for the Biggest Loser) workout video she had been doing. Thanks Kristy!  This is a 20 min. work out that involves strength training, abs and cardio.  I know what you are thinking, 20 mins., no way can I get a good work out in in that amount of time.  But let me tell you, it is hard.  There are 3 levels within this workout so you can work at your own pace.  Oh, it's called "30 Day shred".  I did purchase it and am glad I did.  It's quick, I can do it when my kids are sleeping, or so I don't have to feel guilty about hauling them to the gym, or even if they are sick and you still want to get a work out in.  Also it's a good mix up to my work out routine.  So try it, you will be surprised at how sore you will be.  And no Jillian is not yelling at you the whole time!  Okay, that's enough of my input until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment