Tuesday, February 10, 2009

AHHH, the weather!

What a fun last few days.  The weather as you all know has been amazing.  Sat. morning Johnny and Jack to out to breakfast and to Farm and Fleet, and then off to have some fun in the mud with cousins Grant and Blaine.  I actually experienced having just one child to take care of again.  It's crazy how fast I have lost the realization that one child is so much different that two.  But don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have it any other way right now with my two boys.  Johnny and I have found ourselves lately discussing the fact that we are in the best time of our lives.  Young, having babies, and God has blessed us with more that we had ever imagined.  We have a home, healthy children and a source of income, which is alot to be thankful for in this economy.  The just reminds me to have JOY and thankfulness in what God has given us!  Something I wish I didn't have to remind myself daily. 

So sunday night we decided to start a family tradition, what better than a family movie night!  A kids movie that is.  So Johnny made some of his new found specialty, real popcorn, not microwave.  So we sat on a blanket on the living room floor and had popcorn, then goldfish and soda.  Yep, Jack had his first soda, a diet Sierra Mist.  He has had sips before but never a whole one.  He didn't like it a first, I think the cold, bitey taste got to him.  But after he left it to warm up a bit, he sucked it right down.  We watched Madagascar and laughed.  What a great time.  I will say to my surprise the movie had some adult humor in it that I am sure Jack did not catch, but was questionable if he was older.  Still a cute movie though.


Daddy and Jack just waiting for the movie to start.


Meanwhile, Max was attempting to crawl.  The only problem is he is better at going backwards rather than forwards.  But hey, I will take it.  One way is better than no way at this point.  I realize he is only 8 1/2 months, but he has been rather lazy up until this point, which hasn't bothered me until recently.  He gets so frustrated when trying to get to a toy that I wish he would just crawl to be a little more content.


Max stuck under the entertainment center.  I know it 
looks like he is smiling, but he was actually screaming.

On monday we were going about our business as a normal monday, just waiting for Max to wake up from his morning nap so we could go to Wal-mart when Kinze called to see if we wanted to go to the Zoo.  I didn't even think twice, what a brilliant idea on such a beautiful day.  So we packed up and headed down to the good ol' Glen Oak Zoo.  We had McDonald's and sat outside and ate lunch and let Ryder and Jack run around.  Who would have thought in the middle of February we could do that.  But we had such a great time, didn't see a lot of animals, but just being out in the fresh air was plenty for us.  After we were done at the Zoo, we headed over to the huge playground.   Kind of messy, but Ryder and Jack had fun going down the slide and following each other through the different levels of the playground.  And needless to say, Jack was so sad to leave to put it nicely.  I would classify him as emotional, yet stubborn.  So it was all I could do to get him to the car.  And Kinze reminded me that I should be thankful he was just fussing and even walking to the car and not throwing a huge fit, thanks Kinze!  Here are some pics. of our fun day!


Ryder and Jack enjoying their Happy Meals!  Yum!


Ryder and Jack enjoying the slide!  
                       
Sorry, no seals today!  Bummer.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun day! And your new family tradition is so cute... Trey always sneaks sips from my diet Sierra Mist, too! :)

    ReplyDelete